Saturday, April 19, 2014

Snapshots of Happiness, not Sadness

Ok, I admit it.  
I'm depressed!  

I am having withdrawals from having the blessed priviledge of keeping 2 precious grand-kids here in Guatemala for the past 6 days.  They left on their 18 hour journey back to Nicaragua by bus this morning, and I've been depressed ever since.

For the past 6 days, GrandDad and I have...

Gone swimming with the grand kids at the local "hot springs"


Watched the movie Rio 2 (in Spanish) and toured Paseo Cayalá



Ridden the train at the SanKris mall


Climbed up on McDonald's playland


Sung Jesus Loves Me


Tickled, Love on, Hugged...

Lived the exciting days of discovery
Changed diapers
Bathed
Played in the Princess Castle




Invited 7 of the 8 Tarwater kids over to play


Fed the kids 


Played "Cake Doodle"

Watched BabyTV

Oh, did I mentioned that Ellen and Luke were here also?  Thanks E and L for coming for a visit and for allowing us to spoil the grandkids.  

They have blessed our lives.  

I am thankful that I got to spend a week with the family, changing the kids' dirty diapers, rocking and singing them to sleep at night, reading books, answering endless questions as David begins to put whole sentences together and hear those precious words "Whatcha doin' Ead?" and giving David's mother a break from the constant barrage of, "Mama, Mama, Mama..."

Come to think of it, I'm not depressed.  
I'm happy and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment